Thanks for visiting my blog. This blog chronicles a mostly 4-year journey of love, life, and loss. It's now time to retire. However, feel free to browse and read through the posts.
My current work/projects can be accessed at www.miriamjerotich.com

Friday, August 26, 2011

Lament For A Friend

Yesterday, our evening devotion focused on the topic of death. Reading from Our Daily Bread, my brother told us of the life of David when he heard of Jonathan’s death. David lamented the death of his friend. Whenever the topic of death comes up, I can’t help but think about Tai. I’ve had a hard time dealing with the death, and usually, I don’t even know what to say. Sometimes, I think running away is the answer, but I know that I can’t be hidden for too long.

Tai’s death meant that we could all die, that from now on, anyone can go away, forever. The words in Our Daily Bread reminded me of this eventuality, and also of the abiding love and comfort of the Most High.

When we grieve for a loved one, it is vital to recall the cherished details and shared experiences of our lives together. Those memories flood our hearts with far more thoughts than an index card can hold. The day that grief visits our hearts is not a time for short summaries and quick snapshots of our loved one’s life. It is a time to remember deeply, giving God thanks for the details, the stories, and the impact of an entire life. It’s time to pause, reflect, and honor.

At journey’s end, take a long look back
At the details of the story;
Take time to review the godly life
Of your loved one now in Glory


Thank You God for the memories, and for the life of a lady after Your Own Heart.
Tai's earthly resting place

No comments:

Post a Comment