Thanks for visiting my blog. This blog chronicles a mostly 4-year journey of love, life, and loss. It's now time to retire. However, feel free to browse and read through the posts.
My current work/projects can be accessed at www.miriamjerotich.com

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tai would say...

One of the amazing things about my late friend Tai was her passion for the youth. She would often write facebook posts urging people to know Christ. She went out for missions, and had a great desire to ensure that the people around her came into the knowledge of Jesus Christ. At her memorial, twelve people gave their lives to Christ. She was an example of a human being who knew that this life is not our own, and that at the end of time, we will all give an account to God of how we lived our lives.

This weekend, I have remembered Tai in a number of ways. Yesterday, I attended a farewell bash of a young lady whose life reminded me of Tai. Everyone kept advising her to anchor herself in the Lord. But even more so, everyone commented how she really loved the Lord, and her mother said how she would pray with her sisters and even put her (the mum) to shame. I was really impressed by this young lady, and my prayer is that she will continue living her life unashamedly and unreservedly for Christ, just like Tai did.

Today, I learnt about the death of a young lady. And immediately, I began remembering how so many young people are dying. Just a month ago, one of my former classmates had passed away after suffering from stomach cancer for four years. My friend called to tell me how just last week, she heard about the death of three young people. It’s really clear—death is inevitable, and sometimes, often times (especially this year), it happens to the unexpected of people.

So what would Tai say?

I’m almost sure, no I’m sure she would refer to Ecclesiastes 12:1-7. Remember God, young people, REMEMBER GOD! This life is too short, and even so, it’s not ours. It belongs to God, everything belongs to him. King Solomon said that life is meaningless, and that the conclusion of everything, is to “Fear God and obey His commandments”. I choose to dedicate my youth to him, and I hope that you will too.


Remember your Creator
in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
and the years approach when you will say,
“I find no pleasure in them”—
before the sun and the light
and the moon and the stars grow dark,
and the clouds return after the rain;
when the keepers of the house tremble,
and the strong men stoop,
when the grinders cease because they are few,
and those looking through the windows grow dim;
when the doors to the street are closed
and the sound of grinding fades;
when people rise up at the sound of birds,
but all their songs grow faint;
when people are afraid of heights
and of dangers in the streets;
when the almond tree blossoms
and the grasshopper drags itself along
and desire no longer is stirred.
Then people go to their eternal home
and mourners go about the streets.

Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
and the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
and the wheel broken at the well,
and the DUST RETURNS TO THE GROUND IT CAME FROM,
and the SPIRIT RETURNS TO GOD WHO GAVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment