Thanks for visiting my blog. This blog chronicles a mostly 4-year journey of love, life, and loss. It's now time to retire. However, feel free to browse and read through the posts.
My current work/projects can be accessed at www.miriamjerotich.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Come Thou Fount: Reflections on my last day in Berlin

What an adventure it's been in this country! I could write loads about it, but that's not the point here. #

Whenever I leave a place, arrive at a place, I sing and reflect on my favorite hymn Come Thou Fount. I absolutely love this hymn, and when I was chapel captain at Alliance Girls, I would try as much as possible (without being considered redundant) to ensure that we sang it on the Sundays I was leading chapel. When I listen to this hymn, I reflect on the far that the Good Lord has brought me, to Alliance Girls, to Dartmouth College, to Germany, to His Kingdom. I love this hymn like no other. Every word speaks to my life. So today, on my last day in Berlin, I sing this hymn. Thank you Lord, for the far that You have brought me. Du bist einfach großartig!

Here are the words of the hymn in the English version I prefer (by E. Margaret Clarkson), and a video of me singing the hymn version in German.

Come thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise His Name I'm fixed upon it
Name of God's redeeming love.


Hither to thy love has blessed me
Thou has brought me to this place
And I know thy hand will bring me
Safely home by thy good grace
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Bought me with His precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor
 

Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it;
Seal it for Thy courts above.

No comments:

Post a Comment